BlackBeltPanda
Admin
173 posts
24 reputation

IGN: BlackBeltPanda
By BlackBeltPanda » 3 months ago
Skyblock and Towny have a unique pet system that allows you to leash various mobs and convert them into pets. Pets can level up by earning experience and can learn skills along the way. Pets also have a hunger system and need to be fed to keep them alive. Pets can die but they will respawn after a bit of time or you can pay a fee (amount depends on the pet's experience) to have it respawn instantly.

Regular players have the ability to leash the following mobs and convert them into pets:
  • Bat
  • Chicken
  • Wolf
  • Ocelot
  • Squid
  • Rabbit
  • Slime
  • Snowman
To see what pets different ranks can obtain, see the list of rank permissions here. Baron+ players can name their pet with "/petname ". Duke+ players can use colored names.

To obtain a pet, simply follow the directions here.

You can find a list of the commands here.
You can find a list of the skills here.

The important commands to know are:
"/petinfo" - View info about your pet's stats.
"/petstore" - Put your pet away in storage.
"/petswitch" - Switch to a pet you have in storage.
"/petsendaway" - Send your pet away. You can call it back later.
"/petcall" - Call your pet to you.
"/petrelease" - Release your pet back into the wild. This will remove it forever.
"/petrespawn -
  • show - Show info about your pet's respawn time and fee.
  • auto - Pay a certain amount to have the respawn time decreased.
    • Example: A player used /petrespawn auto 10 and the pet dies and has a respawn time of 16 seconds. Now the plugin will wait until the respawntime is 10 seconds and then respawn the pet when the owner can pay the respawn fee.
"/petskill" - View info about your pet's skills.
"/pettype " - View a mob's pet stats.

FAQ:
How do I teach my pet skills?
First, select a skill tree with "/pcst". Then you need to get your pet to earn exp by having it kill monsters. By default, it should attack anything that attacks you but if you choose the PvP or Combat skill tree, you can use "/petbehavior" to put your pet into aggressive mode and have it attack anything nearby. It will earn exp as it kills mobs.

How do I switch my pet's behavior?
Use the "/petbehavior" command. First, you must select a skill tree with "/pcst", however. As your pet levels up, it will gain access to different behaviors. For a list of behaviors, click here. Each skill tree gives access to different behaviors.

Can I use level my pet with mobs spawned from spawners?
No, any mobs spawned from a mob spawner will not give your pet exp.

Can I ride my pet?
If you select the Ride skill tree, you can ride your pet by right-clicking it with a leash.

Can I teach my pet any skill?
Your pet will learn whatever skills are in the skill tree you've selected for it. It learns these skills automatically as it levels up.

Subscribe!