BlackBeltPanda
Admin
173 posts
24 reputation

IGN: BlackBeltPanda
By BlackBeltPanda » about 1 year ago

Dad's GoFundMe Page (Click)

So my father was just recently diagnosed with lung cancer. He underwent a lobectomy, where they removed part of his lung, in an effort to remove the cancer from his body. Fortunately, as far as we're aware, the procedure was a success and he should now be cancer free. Unfortunately, about a week later, his lung collapsed due to an air leak and he was back in the hospital again. So far he's spent about 10 days in the hospital and he's now home again with a tube in his lung recovering from the medical procedures. He's taking it all in stride and making quick progress in his recovery. Sadly, because he's not capable of working until his lung is healed, he's left with some massive medical bills, living expenses, and no income. I think the thing that bothers him the most right now, though, is that he simply can't afford to purchase gifts for his family and kids this Christmas.

A friend of his, Denise, just recently set up a GoFundMe page to try and raise some money to help him with his bills and living expenses. I'd like to ask anyone who's capable of donating even just five dollars to head to the GoFundMe page and help out. Even if you can't afford a five dollar donation, just sharing the GoFundMe page with anyone you can is a huge help. I sincerely thank anyone who helps out in any way.

As a special Thank You to the PandaCraft community, comment here letting me know if you donated to the GoFundMe page and I'll enter you into a raffle. I'll pick 3 winners once the GoFundMe goal is met and the prizes will be:

• First place - $50 PandaCraft Store coupon, Glow-in-the-dark PandaCraft bracelet, and a 3D-printed PandaCraft trophy (yet to be designed)
  • Second place - $30 PandaCraft Store coupon and a Glow-in-the-dark PandaCraft bracelet
  • Third place - $10 PandaCraft Store coupon

If you're selected, I'll let you know and ask for proof that you donated. If you can't provide proof, I'll select a new winner.

Some more info about (and pictures of) my Dad:

Before being hospitalized, my father had just landed a new job that he absolutely loves. He's started building up a more professional wardrobe and was really excited about the place he was working for. In fact, they loved him so much they pretty much guaranteed he'd still have his job once he's healed up.
Healthy Dad

Immediately after surgery, he was in quite a lot of pain. He had a tube in his lungs draining fluid out into a canister and had a lot of trouble just walking. However, being as energetic as he is, he easily surprised the nurses by springing out of bed and walking down the hallway when they didn't think he'd even be able to stand. He's just that stubborn. XD

Hospitalized Dad

Someone brought him a new Joker robe and he displayed it proudly during his recovery walks. I'm pretty sure he was a constant source of entertainment for the nurses and hospital staff. At least once he yelled out when a nurse was putting in an IV just to mess with her, lol.

Dad being a Joker

Before we left the hospital and headed back home, about a 2.5 hour drive, we snapped a picture. This is me with all of my sisters hanging out with our Dad during his second or third day in the hospital. He was feeling a bit better thanks to the pain meds and planned his escape with the nurse during his recovery. I believe his end-strategy was to jump out the window of his room on the 5th floor. The nurse was (not?) amused.

Dad and all my sisters

Subscribe!

I___PK___I
2 posts
2 reputation

IGN: I___PK___I
By I___PK___I » about 1 year ago

Get well soon 

Donated

heartofaza

10 posts
2 reputation

IGN: heartofaza
By heartofaza » about 1 year ago
IGN heartofaza I know how hard going through something like this is. He'll be up and running in no time if he's as stubborn as you say xd Btw, his escape plan was brilliant! Similar to mine tho I thought maybe I could bounce off the awning on the first floor lol

Horde it all. Then see a need and fill it :)

BlackBeltPanda
Admin
173 posts
24 reputation

By BlackBeltPanda » about 1 year ago

Thanks!

His chest tube just came out today! =)

Subscribe!

TinkerNitely
3 posts
1 reputation

IGN: TinkerNitely
By TinkerNitely » about 1 year ago

Good luck with your campaign for GoFundMe. I donated. Your dad sounds like a real active fun guy. Hope he's well soon and has a great christmas with you and your family. Cancer is some nasty stuff, I lost my Dad to it many years ago before all the great things they do now. Prayers are with him, and ya'll. Tinker.

bushboy1976

6 posts
4 reputation

IGN: bushboy1976
By bushboy1976 » about 1 year ago

merry xmas hope you have a good one, the moneys not from me { bad for my rep } its from my mum:)

1K2C3M
10 posts
1 reputation

IGN: 1K2C3M
By 1K2C3M » about 1 year ago

I wish the best of luck to your dad 

PandaGirl964

73 posts
3 reputation

IGN: PandaGirl964
By PandaGirl964 » about 1 year ago

Trust me, Cancer it NOT fun. i have had it before and it was horrible. but knowing your dad he will be up on his feet in a few more days =D sadly i cant donate to it but i gave the link to 20 other people. XD his escape plan was amazing but maybe to simple. may i suggest grabbing a hammer and smashing the wall down then flying onto a plane? XD cya. Get well soon Pandas Dad

Aint nobody got time for Dat!

FlameIsTired

5 posts
2 reputation

IGN: FlameIsTired
By FlameIsTired » 12 months ago

Bought Nuke to help <3 Hope this helps, and merry christmas.

-Flame

BlackBeltPanda
Admin
173 posts
24 reputation

By BlackBeltPanda » 12 months ago
xXFallenFlameXx said:

Bought Nuke to help <3 Hope this helps, and merry christmas.

-Flame

Thank you! I forwarded the amount to the GoFundMe page. =) 

Subscribe!